We are looking to start the "Play & Stay" Mixed League on Sundays, late morning. Susan and John Smith have volunteered to take the lead and organize the league. They are very organized so we know it will be a success.
18 hole golfers - 11:00pm tee times
9 hole golfers - 1:30 - 2:30pm tee times
More details to come, but our present ideas are:
- proposing a 2 person scramble format
- making it fun competitive by creating a couples' handicap using the first 3 games scramble scores (gross minus 72 par) - that will be the same for the year
- sign up on a week by week basis where foursomes will be made up for the following week with the prime objective of playing with different couples each week
- each couple will pay $5 each week that will then be given out to the top performing couples against their established handicaps each week paid out depending on number of entrants (a bit like quota but without the rolling average stuff that is time consuming to administer)
- ad hoc "games" will be added throughout the season, i.e closest to the pin, longest putt, accurate drive, and the like
- skins may also be an option if someone steps up to organize
Generally we will keep things simple to start and adapt based on interest. We would like a minimum number of 8 couples for this to proceed. We think it will grow from there.
if you are looking to add some fun to your Sunday afternoon please click here to register. We are looking to get a sense of how many people are interested and we will then provide further details.