50/ 50 Draw
The 50/50 draw helps provide some of our prizes at the end of the season. We will run the 50/50 draw again this year with the following changes:
– each week you tell our staff member at the halfway hut that you are in for the week
– the staff person will write your name on the square you requested
– prior to the end of the round, we will send a note out via GPS with the name of that weeks winner
– we will record who owes and after 6-8 weeks, you will receive a notice on how much you owe
– we will pay out the winners every 6-8 weeks, after we receive payment from those who are entered.
We will have our regular closest to the pins each week. There will not be a pencil or marker this year. We are going to try taking a picture as the record of who is closest.
Here is how it works:
– each week we will post online what holes are the competition holes.
– if you are within 10 feet (3 or 4 paces), your partner takes a picture of the ball (where it came to rest) on their right and the pin on their left and you standing between.
– if you are really close just make sure your face is somewhere in the picture so we can identify the winner.
– you will email the picture to firstname.lastname@example.org subject “Closest to the Pin” and we will compare the pictures and determine the winner.
– the winner and the picture will be posted on the web weekly and the prize will be available for pick up the following week.
For skins, email email@example.com for the Tuesday Night League to inform us if you are participating in skins. You will pay $50 for your team for the first 5 weeks on the first night of league to reduce the amount of payments. Email a picture of your scorecard to Trillium Wood after your round to be eligible to win a skin.
For Monday Night League, e-transfer Jerry Traer (firstname.lastname@example.org) $50 for the first 5 weeks for Monday Night League to inform Jerry you are in skins. Email a picture to Jerry after your round to be eligible for a skin.
Skins for both leagues will be by division.
At this point, our plans are to use the Half-Way hut for food preparation and distribution. This precludes that there is no sit down meals. The clubhouse may not even be open except the golf shop.
Each week, we will have “on the go” food that can be picked up prior to heading out. We will set up a pre-order procedure so that we can ensure we have enough food ready prior to teeing off. We are working on the details on how best to execute and will provide more details soon.
As well, if you would like “food to go” after the round, we will have options for you to choose from and order so that it is ready to take home to eat. We will ensure safe handling and will do our best to make the options interesting.